|Cast: ||Laurence Martin, Nicolle Márquez |
|Crew: ||Assistant Cinematographer: Judit Fruzsina Jesse
- Original Score/ Sound Design: Giovanni Spinelli
- Saxophone: David Aaron
- Sound Recorder: Peter Mcgrath
- Voice Over Mixer : Boris Palacios
- Production Assistant: Lupita
- Executive Producer: Frederik Denef Executive Producer
- Set Photographer: Judit Fruzsina Jesse, Nicolle Márquez |
As she tastes the salt on her lips, a widow cannot but cry. But what better place to cool down tears, than a cold lover's lap?
The Widow is a visual feast of raw emotions, too delicate to be revealed, too urgent to be hidden. While faint dialogues transform into perished sexuality, barren reality stifles irrefutable desires -a foolish reverie of what is not. From a grave that is yet to be dug, inaudible whispers emerge -her parched lips, ready to burst.
As the widow surrenders to the blackened sea, we cannot but partake... our hands comfortably tied.
Eva Depoorter is a Belgian video artist who lives and works in New York. Her videos are provocative and visceral vignettes that stimulate the viewer to surrender to what (s)he is exposed to. As a buffer against complete subjection, Eva offers an alternative to reality and invites the audience to roam the absurdist fantasy land she inhabits.